I worried about it being insecure when I first went self-employed, but actually what I have found is:
- You are spread across multiple customers rather than one boss
- There is more justice and less luck / face fitting if you’re self employed, so if you work hard and do a good job are more likely to be OK
- If times get tough you can work harder and maintain your income
- …or you can live with earning a bit less
- …but in an organisation a 10% downturn can be enough to push them into loss-making and closure or parts if not the whole
- Your part might be chosen, and closed, regardless of your own performance or even the performance of your department – just because of a 10% reduction in work.
Wish you were self employed?? Find out more here! https://www.lifeskillscollection.com/discovery.