This summary was made by my colleague Martin and I think it’s great:
So a day costs about £1600, and an hour of Zoom costs about £650. Why is Zoom more expensive per hour?
The answer is
- cost of providing it:
- it takes 2 hours of energy to run one hour of Zoom – if you do it well
- it’s only possible to do two Zoom sessions per day, one AM and one PM, maximum, so it’s half a day really
- there is still prep time, admin time etc, – there’s just as much with a zoom hour as there is a day of training
- supply and demand – many trainers don’t like it or can’t do zoom well.
- value to the customer:
- it can be recorded,
- it disrupts work less if you have an hour once a week,
- there is less cost for a meeting room, my travel and accomm costs etc
- number of attendees is unlimited – with zoom, everyone gets a front seat
- attendeeds can come from all over the country without travel costs.