You might think the answer is obvious – to get more done. But when you think about it, why do that? As an individual it just means you’ll be given more to do….! Yes it’s great for the company, but what’s in it for YOU?
The benefits of better time management are….
- Be more effective
- The company does better, either doing more, or doing the same with fewer people, so it makes more money, so you might get paid more, and you certainly get job security
- …or the company keeps the same people and the same cost but is able to provide better quality and/or better service to its customers – which again will lead to growth, and security for you
- If the company grows you also get the possibility of promotion, particularly if you’re organised and on top of the job
- If the company does better you get pride in your own work and in the company generally
- Finally, you can do the job with less stress, which is a big plus.
Onwards and upwards
PS Learn about Time Management here