I get sent invitations for the following every day. Please don’t waste your time sending them to me – or to other people. I’ll just unfriend/unconnect/filter you, and so will everyone else, so it’s not a good marketing strategy on your part.
- Search engine optimisation
- A new website that’s better
- To go on your course (I MAKE courses)
- Copywriting of marketing emails
- Your blog posts on my website (I have enough of my own thanks)
- A job for me (why would I want one of those?)
- A job for you (I don’t employ anyone, I’m just me)
- To be recommended at linkedin for a job (I don’t know anyone there and I don’t know you, so how would that work?
- To advertise on your website or in a magazine on the Eu training register (I don’t advertise)
- A virtual assistant (I already have one)
- Vague mysterious unspecified business opportunity (yeah right)
- Stocks or cyber-trading “certain to work” (yeah right)
- To test your product for you and give you feedback
- To give you free coaching (selling my time is how I earn my living, would you ask a builder for a free house extension? (maybe you would??))
- To give you paid coaching – this is the only half decent one, but I don’t do coaching, I do training, which is completely different. I never do 1:1 coaching, not ever, partly because I know I would not be good at it, and partly because I am fully busy doing training.
This rant has made me feel better, but also I hope it’s useful for people out there who are pushing any of the above – you need to find a better business model than emailing and messaging people about this stuff!