Do the full Cabbage and you’ll have excellent communication in your organization:
- Cascade down from the top – set up a system to do this regularly
- Accessible – so they can they come to you – open door / friendly / give time when asked
- Be seen everywhere every day (Management By Walking About)
- Blog / Newsletter / Put notices up – publish your opinion in a bit of detail, regularly
- Address the troops once a year, everyone in one big group, on how the company is doing and that the plans are for the coming year
- Go back to the floor once a year – do a menial (and ideally unpleasant) job, to show willing and to learn / remind yourself what it’s really like. You’ll be amazed how out of touch you’ve become.
- Every week: team meetings x2 – one for you and your colleagues run by your boss, and one for the team that reports to you, with you running it.
onwards and upwards!
PS get the book of ALL of my Management Vegetables HERE