Generally it’s a bad idea to do two things at once
- they take longer in total
- the quality of your work will be worse
- it’s more stressful
But if one of them is unimportant (or maybe BOTH of them are!) then maybe multi-tasking could be justified?
How about watching TV while doing the ironing? That’s GOT to be better than just doing the ironing on its own!
How about listening to podcasts while driving – at least the driving isn’t wasted.
- maybe the ironing will take longer if you’re watching TV
- maybe you won’t do it as well
- maybe you won’t drive quite was safely if you have those podcasts on
- maybe it would be possible to SAVOUR the ironing and find a way to enjoy it? Or savour the driving?
- Maybe the ironing or the driving is useful THINKING time – perhaps creative ideas will pop into your head while you’re in an almost meditative zen-like state? I DO have my best ideas while driving.
- Maybe some down-time is good for you? Maybe it’s too relentless, too stressful, to be doing two things at once all day?
So could it be that the pundits are right: NEVER multi-task…..?
If you’re interested in self development, check out my ultimate resource, all of my best courses in one place, affordable price, you’ll have them for ever: https://www.lifeskillscollection.com/interested