Here are six practical things that you can do, starting NOW:
– realise that it’s not about money, chasing after that won’t make you happy, even if you get it. The price you pay will outweigh the increase in happiness that you get.
– friends: make a list and do an audit and resolve to spend more time with the best ones and less time with the ones you drag you down or make you feel inferior
– goals – have at least one project you’re working on, it feels good to be moving towards something worthwhile
– get rid of negative emotions, you are choosing them in order to get a payoff of some kind and it’ll be false, they never make you happy
– find a way to enjoy your job, or find a job you enjoy. Life is too short to spend 5 days week on something that doesn’t make you happy
– spend time on the things that make you happy, which means saying no to the things that don’t. Start an NCP, a No Crap Policy, today! It’s YOUR life and you only get one!
onwards and upwards