I had a great chat with Bonnie and Amy, and we unpicked EVERYTHING, you can view it here:
Some of the key points are:
- To get PMP you need a degree or Diploma
- You also need 3 or 5 years of experience of runnning projects, or parts of projects
- You also need 35 hours of learning – you can get this from linkedin learning
- To get the learning you watch the videos, pass the quizzes, makek sure every video is ticked green, then get the certificate, and finally follow the links to the PMI site where you add your details and click Save, so it’s logged.
- Then you pay (either joining PMI or not, total cost very similar)
- Then you do some exam prep – don’t take the exam without this! No exam prep courses on linkedin learning but udemy has some e.g. https://www.udemy.com/course/pmp-pmbok6-35-pdus/ – I like this one
- Then you take the dreaded exam – 4 hours, 200 questions, pretty difficult
- Then you have to keep your PMP current by doing 20 hours of learning each year – back to Linkedin for that!
- The 20 hours has to be at least 8 in each of the three parts of the triangle
- Any more questions – see the video! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/chriscrofttraining_chris-croft-and-bonnie-biafore-will-guide-activity-6805748601793323008-cQ2J