Negotiating: Buy more cheaply, and get better prices when you sell (Instant Guides)
This little book will save you thousands of pounds in your work and in your personal life. Whether you are selling or buying, you are almost certainly negotiating, even if you don’t realise it.
Just follow the structured negotiation process from planning, through the preamble and opening offers to trading and closing. At last you’ll know what you should have been doing, and what other people have been doing to you, all these years!
Areas covered include:
- How to overcome fears like losing the deal, or embarrassment
- How to set a good opening offer
- How to decide on your walk away point
- What else to prepare
- How to plan for the strategies, and weaknesses, of the other person
- Getting them to open first
- The Flinch
- The three biggest mistakes made when trading
- The importance of tradeables and how to prepare for them
- Why you should always trade with the phrase “If you… then I…”
- The salami and how to deal with it
- What’s wrong with the phrase “Final Offer”
- The nibble
- The quivering pen
- What you must do at the end of the negotiation.
Take it with you in your pocket and have a quick revise before important negotiations. It will pay for itself very quickly!