Assertiveness: Inner strength when dealing with others (Instant Guides)
In all your dealings with other people, either at home or at work, assertiveness is important. Assertiveness underlies almost everything we do, from selling, negotiating, managing, to successful relationships, marriage, children.
The underlying principles are quite simple, and this practical book explains how to get your assertiveness right. It’s not easy, and often doesn’t come naturally, but there are simple techniques you can use in order to achieve it.
There are even ways to change the habits that make up your personality.
This book will help you to be more effective and happier in your life.
Areas covered in this book:
- Can you change yourself?
- Understanding your inner life scripts
- Reducing negative emotions
- The perceived (false) benefits of being aggressive and submissive
- How aggression differs from assertion
- What passive/aggressive means
- Psychological games that some people play and how to deal with them
- The four step process that helps you to know what to say in any difficult situation
- “I notice” – “I interpret that to mean” – “Am I right?”
- The one-off vs. the habit
- Faulty thinking and how to overcome it
- How to handle criticism