Plan and deliver successful projects on time and to budget (Instant Guides)
Deliver your projects on time and on budget.
Based upon the Association of Project Managers (APM) method, and condensing all the most useful nuggets from PMBOK, this book talks you through how to plan and run a project successfully.
No maths, nothing complicated, just the things you need to know.
The book covers:
- Traps to avoid when agreeing to do a project, for example saying “Maybe” or not getting everything in writing
- Kick off meetings
- The three methods for getting all of the tasks listed
- How to estimate the time and cost required for tasks
- Contingency – how much is needed?
- Critical paths
- The options if your project is going to take too long
- Gantt charts – how to produce them and the reasons why they are essential
- How to assess the risks of a project, and the two options for mitigating risk
- Monitoring progress
- Predicting the finished cost based on a combination of the current spend and the progress made
- The options for a project which is running late
- The three crimes of rescheduling
- The questions that need to be asked at the review.