No. of days: 1 – 2 No. of Participants: 4 – 14
Get better deals with others, both within your organisation and with suppliers and customers. Learn how to find win/win. Gain confidence by understanding the structured approach. This course will pay for itself almost immediately!Participants have found this course helpful both at work and in their private lives, saving thousands of pounds on houses and cars as well as for their companies.
The practical exercises are researched and designed especially for your organisation for maximum relevance.
Subject areas covered:
- Negotiating is a structured process
- What to prepare
- The preamble, what to say, what to avoid saying, and what to find out
- Opening offers: how to pitch them and justify them
- How to remain assertive when negotiating
- Is it OK to lie? (Ever?)
- Bargaining techniques like the Vice, the Salami, and the Reluctant Seller
- How to use, and counter, the Flinch, Higher authority, Knocking the Product, the Nibble, and the Quivering Pen
- Closing:- ensuring that agreements are water-tight
- How to put the theory into practice in a low-risk way
The two day course covers some of the more advanced tactics and involves harder practical exercises in order to go into more depth.
Every participant receives a free audio or book as well as comprehensive notes.
Sample Handouts for this Course (PDF Downloads)
- Assertive negotiating for sellers
- Brief for exercise – New IT System
- Brief for exercise – Glazed Over
- Dilemma – negotiate for package or extras
- Is it OK to lie
- Negotiating Quiz
- Planning for negotiation – key questions
- Possible weaknesses of a sole supplier
- Signals and weak wording
- Where to pitch your opening offer