Be trained remotely by Chris!
I am frequently running one hour sessions by Zoom or Skype, and it works really well for both small groups, say three to six people, and larger groups up to about 30. I charge the same for both.
It’s also great for groups who are abroad, or where everyone is in different places around the country, or working from home.
It’s just like I’m in the room, but you don’t have to travel, and neither do I, so you save time and money, and it makes multiple short sessions financially and logistically viable. Often multiple short sessions are the best way to learn.
You sit around the table in your meeting room with me on your big TV screen, or you all log in separately from home or from your various offices around the globe, and we chat. I draw things on the whiteboard at my end, do a bit of screen sharing, and explain ideas, and ask you about your issues, pretty interactive, just like a training course.
If you wanted to run it for over 30 people I can do that too – I can’t hear everyone and answer everyone’s questions with larger groups, but I can certainly explain the subject and answer questions, it’s more of a “talk” than a workshop/coaching but that’s fine – and of course then the price becomes a ridiculous bargain for you!
I find that one hour chunks work best, ideally a week apart. Although if you want a two or three hour session we can just run them one after the other, with a coffee break at some point. So you could have 10-11 and 11.15 to 12.15, for example.
You can pick and choose your modules from this list:
Each BULLET is a one hour Zoom/Teams/Skype workshop
- Prioritising – what to do first, and finding time for the important stuff
- Life goals
- Get more done – the five options if you’re too busy
- Lists – how to be organised
- Better meetings (when running and not running the meeting)
- Stress – the big and the small picture, and tactics to reduce it
- What does a boss do? Overview, vision systems and people
- Styles: choosing between tell. sell, consult, share, delegate, empower etc
- Delegation – why, how, grip, and how to do more, and resist monkeys
- Team types – Be1b in’s theory of what makes teams work and not work and what can be done
- Motivation – what a good manager needs to do
- Understanding Quality – Statistical Process Control, TQM, ISO9001 etc
- Cost of quality – where should you be on the curve? Failure costs etc
- Understanding queues and how to get them at the right level of service and cost
- Pricing and elasticity – should you put your price up?
- Overview of the old and the new process of selling
- Building rapport, questioning and listening
- Selling to different types of customer
- Features and benefits workshop – theory, draw chart, and FAB exercise
- Objection handling and closing
Influencing / Assertiveness / Difficult People
- What assertiveness means, and how to use the four step process
- Difficult people: Games players and how to handle them
- The Influencing Process, and techniques to use for the four types of people
- How to get the basics right (how you’re judged, must be 100% perfect, first impressions, the meaning of complaints)
- Delighting your customer – how to be unexpectedly great
- Adapting to different types of customer
- Managing customer service – surveys, queues
- My Top ten tips
- My Second ten tips
- or, in more detail…..
- Overcome fears, when to negotiate, why, and win/win
- Preparation (opening offers, weaknesses, tradable, walk away point, etc)
- Opening offers (pitching it right, package or extras, preamble, round numbers, the flinch)
- Trading (size of steps, silence, signals, the Vice, The Salami, reluctant buyer/seller and other tactics)
- Closing (split the difference, the nibble, the quivering pen, walking away, looking unhappy, how to practice, systems and rules)
- My top tips, including Structure, Agenda. Visual aids, Being Interactive
- In another hour per person I could view your presentations (not quite the same as real life but not bad) and let you know how to improve structure, flow, visual aids, examples, body language, jargon, clear message, etc
- Overview of methods and the 12 steps
- or, in more detail…..
- Steps 1-3: kick off meetings, key drivers, task listing, granularity, estimating and contingency
- Network diagram workshop
- Gantt charts – what they are, why you need them, try one, and excel demo
- Resource planning explained – for single projects and multiple projects – bottlenecks etc
- Finance of projects: monitoring and forecasting
- Practical approaches to increasing your personal happiness
- How to increase the happiness of your employees
- Work-life balance
If you want something a bit more unusual / fun / more of an event, then a list of my keynote talks is here – I can do all of those via Zoom as well
The cost is £850 + VAT for a one hour session
and £690 + VAT /hr if you book more than one session