No. of days: 1 No. of participants: 6 – 14
Keeping existing customers and winning new ones is greatly influenced by the quality of your products and services.
Raise the quality of everything that you do, aiming for Total Quality as a philosophy.
How do you measure it? How can you improve it? Would the improvements be worth the cost? How can management help?
A motivational and practical course covering:
- Why quality is important
- How everyone can affect quality
- The cost of maintaining quality compared with the cost of failure – getting the balance right
- Getting to the root cause instead of fire fighting
- Measurement – can the really important things be measured?
Also, where applicable:
- Inspection and sampling
- ISO 9000/9001 – the pros and cons
- Statistical Process Control
- Applying manufacturing techniques like SPC to a service organisation
- Total Quality – that it means, and what individuals can do to contribute
Every participant receives comprehensive notes.
Some example handouts taken from the course.
- Coping with fluctuations in demand
- Different approaches to Quality
- Inspection vs Quality
- ISO 9000
- Statistical Process Control for the service sector
- The 12 evils of stock
- The link between quality and profit
- Throughput simulation – learning points
- Total Quality – in your company
- TQM – what it is, and examples of not doing it