No. of days: 1 – 2 No. of participants: 4 – 8
Plan and present in an interactive style, getting a structured and memorable message across. Practice the ideas on this course in order to build your confidence.
For up to eight people, this course takes either one day or two depending on how much practice you have got time for.
During either the short course or the full course we cover all the basics of how to plan and present competently, and everyone gives a talk and receives feedback from the group and the tutor. The presentations are coached for both style and structure.
This course is designed for all types of speaker, ranging from the novice to the experienced presenter. It is intended to build up the confidence of nervous speakers and to smooth off any rough corners which experienced speakers may have.
A PowerPoint / LCD projector can be provided at no extra cost if delegates require it for their presentations, and correct use of PowerPoint is covered on the course.
Subject areas covered:
- The importance of the first and last minute
- Style: appearance, voice, & body language
- Keeping interest during a longer session
- Visual aids – do’s and don’ts
- How to build your confidence
- Making sure your message gets across
- Handling the potential difficult situations
- Making your presentation interactive
- Presenting numbers in an interesting way
- Participants give a presentation and receive feedback
Every participant receives a free audio or book as well as comprehensive notes.
Some example handouts taken from the course.
- Body Language good and bad
- Getting your message across
- How to remember your talk
- Making your talk interactive
- Notes on notes
- Planning the structure of your presentation
- Selecting the best involvement method
- Visual Aids – choosing which one