No. of days: 1 No. of participants: 4 – 14
Replace aggression or submission with assertiveness as an approach to life. Deal with difficult people and situations effectively.
This course is designed to help people understand themselves and then to give them ideas on how they could interact more successfully with others.
We all find ourselves being a bit of a doormat occasionally, or getting angry occasionally. Sometimes you can’t think of the right thing to say until later. Maybe you don’t know why you do or say things, you just do, and perhaps you regret them later. Maybe there are just some situations that get to you, or some people you just can’t handle. We cover it all on this course.
Participants leave the course motivated to do something about their situations, and supplied with the techniques to do it.
Subject areas covered:
- Why aggression and submission are often chosen as strategies, and why they don’t work
- What assertiveness really means
- Subtle forms of aggression and how to handle them
- The fours step process
- Example situations provided by the group
- Receiving criticism – how to cope
- Giving criticism – when and how
- Handling difficult people
Every participant receives a free audio or book as well as comprehensive notes.
Some example handouts taken from the course.
- Assert – 11Qs
- Assertiveness in action
- Assertiveness is…
- Can you change yourself
- Difficult people flow diagram
- Difficult situations quiz
- Faulty thinking exercise
- Handling Conflict
- Put-downs quiz
- Strategies for coping with verbal aggression
- The four step assertive approach
Get a flavour of what my course is like!
-> You can view a free sample of my www.lynda.com assertiveness course here, which is clip featuring my Alsation story and also the baked beans story