1 – Download the app from the AppStore or GooglePlay
2 – Put your tasks into it
3 – Back it up to the cloud
4 – Log in to the app on your laptop or other devices and plan your day!
Here’s how you do these things in a bit more detail:
It looks like this:
2 – Put your tasks into it
3 – Back it up from your phone to the cloud
4 – Log in to the app on your laptop
- How do I delete a task? – swipe it right!
- How to I register to start with – the first time I load the app on my phone? – you just click on the menu (top left) and then Back Up (near the bottom of the menu) and choose a log in email address and a password , and press Backup. Just the same as all your subsequent backups. Same on the desktop – either register (the first time) or log in.
- How do I back up my stuff? – on the phone app, click top left to get the menu, then scroll down to back up at the bottom and press that. Put in any login and password you like (but make a note of them or remember them!)) and click on backup. done! Into the cloud!
- How do I back up my stuff extra safe?? – on the phone app, click top left to get the menu, then scroll down to back up at the bottom and press that. Put in another login and password (but make a note of them or remember them!)) and click on backup. Done! Into the cloud a second time, so if your data gets corrupted or something you can restore it from the second place you backed it up!
- Even more safe than that? – take a screen shot every now and then of your list. May as well!
- “What if I backed my stuff up but then I had some weird problem while viewing it on my PC and deleted it all, so the PC then deleted the cloud, and now all I’ve got left is the data on my phone, and if I switch the app on on my phone I know the cloud is going to sync and wipe all my stuff?? Help!” – stay cool, you’re still OK, the data is on your phone. Switch on your phone but don’t open the app. Switch on airplane mode so you are not connected to the internet at all. Then a) screenshot your jobs list. then b) go to settings and do LOG OUT. You find this under menu / backup screen: bottom button. – The sync will be disabled on logout – Then switch the internet on (ie switch airplane mode off) and then log in to whichever user you want and press backup, – probably best to create a new user name and back up to that as well – …and you’re OK.
- What if I have decided to just “not do” a task, is that the same as deleting it? – yes it is, either way you just want it off your list
- What is the difference between the two green buttons when I’m editing a task? – there is no difference, use either button. There are two so that you can always see one – saves you having to scroll.
- What if I click on the plus to start a new task but then change my mind and want to go back to my main list of tasks? – click on the red X to exit the task entry screen
- I get “Sign up failed – invalid email” – this means you’ve put in an email that has something wrong with it. Check it doesn’t have an invisible space on the the end of it, maybe?
- How do I view my tasks on my laptop or tablet? Laptop: just go to here and log in with your log in and password: https://jobstodo2017.firebaseapp.com Tablet – same. Or, if you want to use the app off line, which is better really, download the app free from iStore or Google Play store.
- I can view completed tasks on the completed tasks list – but how do I delete them permanently from there? You can’t! There is no way to delete the tasks in the completed section, I think they are stored there for three months and then they disappear, or something like that. But I think it is useful to have if you delete a task by mistake – or so that you can see how much you’ve done the last few days!
- How do I back up my stuff? I’m a bit confused about the backup / restore function. Do I have to enter the password for my email address for it to back up to my email; or am I entering a new password for it to back up elsewhere? (So far I entered my email password, but nothing appeared in my inbox).
In order to back up all your stuff safely, which is important, you put in any email address, even a made up one, and any password, and it will back it up to the cloud in that name. Then if you want to view your list on any another device (maybe a tablet or laptop or your main computer on your desk) you just go to the web address for the app (see www.jobs-to-do.com) and login with that email address and password and use restore.I have made several backups with different email addresses and passwords so that if I do something stupid I can always get my list backOnce you have set this up the first time your phone will automatically back up to the cloud, you might call it synchronising, so you don’t have to constantly back up, it will always be stored safe in the cloud. And when you view it on another device you will see the most up-to-date list that you have been compiling on your phone
Similarly, changes on your computer will be backed up to the cloud automatically after the first time, and when you view your list on your phone you will see the latest version from your computer
If you want to force it to do a back up at any time you can of course go in to the menu and select back up