Welcome to what I hope is the best jobs to do app in the world – and it’s free! I made it because I wanted an app that did what this one does. I hope you love it too.
1 – Download the app from the AppStore or GooglePlay
2 – Put your tasks into it
3 – Back it up to the cloud
4 – Log in to the app on your laptop or other devices and plan your day!
Here’s how you do these things in a bit more detail:
Go to either the AppStore or GooglePlay using your phone – download the app for free
It looks like this:
2 – Put your tasks into it
It comes pre-loaded with some tasks so you can see how it works. Read them and then delete them. You can see that you can use colours for types of tasks, you can move the sliders to put in how urgent, important, big, and fun each task is – or just leave them as they are for quick in put, maybe edit them later.
In any view, e.g. Importance View, you can drag tasks up and down (press and hold). You can also hide tasks until a chosen date when they repappear – sometimes you don’t want them cluttering up your list until a later date. (Menu: ”View All” shows you your hidden tasks). DELETE tasks by swiping them right. Menu to see my magic algorithm which tells you which job to do first!
3 – Back it up from your phone to the cloud
Menu is top left, select Back Up, put in your email (or any other log in you want) and password – and press backup. You can restore your tasks at any time if you somehow accidentally delete them, or if you are on a different device with the app loaded. Once you have backed your data up once, which involves choosing a log in and password, it will then automatically back up each time you open the app on your phone or laptop, and when you log out on either. So after the first back up you’ll never need to think about it again – unless you want to!
PS – I’d back it up to two places, just in case. So if you delete lots of tasks and then wish you hadn’t, and the cloud auto syncs and deletes them from there too, which it will, you can still get your stuff back by going to the other back up and restoring from there. Just a thought! It’s easy but see FAQ below if you need step by step instructions.
4 – Log in to the app on your laptop
So now you are sitting at your PC/Computer/Laptop – go to https://jobstodo2017.firebaseapp.com and log in with your email and password
and there will be all your tasks.
This is where you always go when you want to view your tasks – save it as a favourite!
You can edit and drag and add new tasks etc here. It saves all your stuff all the time, so as long as you have a signal you can look at the app on your laptop or desk PC, and all your stuff will also be there on your phone – and vice versa from phone to laptop/desktop/PC.
If at any time there’s a difference between your desktop and your phone, – maybe there wasn’t a signal or something – you can either just refresh the page and it will automatically sync, or, if you want more control, you can click Backup on one device and then Restore on the other – this puts the latest version of your phone/PC list into the cloud from one device and then gets it back out from the cloud onto your other device (PC or phone).
email me at email@example.com if you get stuck
PS – if you like the app, please tell your friends. Together we can conquer the world!
- How do I delete a task? – swipe it right!
- How to I register to start with – the first time I load the app on my phone? – you just click on the menu (top left) and then Back Up (near the bottom of the menu) and choose a log in email address and a password , and press Backup. Just the same as all your subsequent backups. Same on the desktop – either egister (the frist time) or log in.
- How do I back up my stuff? – on the phone app, click top left to get the menu, then scroll down to back up at the bottom and press that. Put in any login and password you like (but make a note of them or remember them!)) and click on backup. done! Into the cloud!
- How do I back up my stuff extra safe?? – on the phone app, click top left to get the menu, then scroll down to back up at the bottom and press that. Put in another login and password (but make a note of them or remember them!)) and click on backup. Done! Into the cloud a second time, so if your data gets corrupted or something you can restore it from the second place you backed it up!
- Even more safe than that? – take a screen shot every now and then of your list. May as well!
- “What if I backed my stuff up but then I had some weird problem while viewing it on my PC and deleted it all, so the PC then deleted the cloud, and now all I’ve got left is the data on my phone, and if I switch the app on on my phone I know the cloud is going to sync and wipe all my stuff?? Help!” – stay cool, you’re still OK, the data is on your phone. Switch on your phone but don’t open the app. Switch on airplane mode so you are not connected to the internet at all. Then a) screenshot your jobs list. then b) go to settings and do LOG OUT. You find this under menu / backup screen: bottom button. – The sync will be disabled on logout – Then switch the internet on (ie switch airplane mode off) and then log in to whichever user you want and press backup, – probably best to create a new user name and back up to that as well – …and you’re OK.
- What if I have decided to just “not do” a task, is that the same as deleting it? – yes it is, either way you just want it off your list
- What is the difference between the two green buttons when I’m editing a task? – there is no difference, use either button. There are two so that you can always see one – saves you having to scroll.
- What if I click on the plus to start a new task but then change my mind and want to go back to my main list of tasks? – click on the red X to exit the task entry screen
- I get “Sign up failed – invalid email” – this means you’ve put in an email that has something wrong with it. Check it doesn’t have an invisible space on the the end of it, maybe?
- How do I view my tasks on my laptop or tablet? Laptop: just go to here and log in with your log in and password: https://jobstodo2017.firebaseapp.com Tablet – same. Or, if you want to use the app off line, which is better really, download the app free from iStore or Google Play store.