Welcome to what I hope is the best jobs to do app in the world – and it’s free! I made it because I wanted an app that did what this one does. I hope you love it too.
1 – Download the app from the AppStore or GooglePlay
2 – Put your tasks into it
3 – Back it up to the cloud
4 – Log in to the app on your laptop or other devices and then you can download your tasks from the cloud
Here’s how you do these things in a bit more detail:
Go to either the AppStore or GooglePlay using your phone – download the app for free
It looks like this:
2 – Put your tasks into it
It comes pre-loaded with some tasks so you can see how it works. Read them and then delete them. You can see that you can use colours for types of tasks, you can move the sliders to put in how urgent, important, big, and fun each task is – or just leave them as they are for quick in put, maybe edit them later.
In any view, e.g. Importance View, you can drag tasks up and down (press and hold). You can also hide tasks until a chosen date when they repappear – sometimes you don’t want them cluttering up your list until a later date. (Menu: ”View All” shows you your hidden tasks). DELETE tasks by swiping them right. Menu to see my magic algorithm which tells you which job to do first!
3 – Back it up from your phone to the cloud
Menu is top left, select Back Up, put in your email and password and backup. You can restore your tasks at any time if you somehow accidentally delete them, or if you are on a different device wit the app loaded.
4 – Log in to the app on your laptop
So now you are sitting at your PC/Computer/Laptop – go to https://jobstodo2017.firebaseapp.com and log in with your email and password and there will be all your tasks.
This is where you always go when you want to view your tasks – save it as a favourite!
You can edit and drag and add new tasks etc here. It saves all your stuff whenever you log out – if you are going back to the app on your phone and you want it to be up to date, with everything on your phone, it’s very quick, just click “Log out” or BackUp – and your latest tasks are all in the cloud. Then, on your phone, just choose Menu and (right at the bottom of the menu) Restore. All your cloud stuff is now on your phone.
If at any time you want your desktop to look like your phone, either log in and it will automatically sync, or, if you’ve left teh app open on your desktop, click Restore on the desktop view, to get the latest version of your phone list from the cloud onto your desktop.
email me at email@example.com if you get stuck
PS – if you like the app, please tell your friends. Together we can conquer the world!
- How do I delete a task? – swipe it right?
- How to I register to start with – the first time I load the app on my phone? – you just click on the menu (top left) and then Back Up (near the bottom of the menu) and choose a log in email address and a password , and press Backup. Just the same as all your subsequent backups. Same on the desktop – either egister (the frist time) or log in.
- What if I have decided to just “not do” a task, is that the same as deleting it? – yes it is, either way you just want it off your list
- What is the difference between the two green buttons when I’m editing a task? – there is no difference, use either button. There are two so that you can always see one – saves you having to scroll.
- What if I click on the plus to start a new task but then change my mind and want to go back to my main list of tasks? – click on the red X to exit the task entry screen
- I get “Sign up failed – invalid email” – this means you’ve put in an email that has something wrong with it. Check it doesn’t have an invisible space on the the end of it, maybe?